Sex as the key to understanding spirituality
December 1, 2005
This Rabbi I was listening to says that sex is the map that God left us to understand how our spiritual life is. He says you’ll get all the answers by looking at sex.
- We all think other people are having better sex.
- Sometimes, you do all the right things, and it just doesn’t work.
- Sometimes you do the wrong things, but somehow, you know it was really good.
- Sometimes, it’s all really bad, and the more you take yourself and the situation too seriously, the worse it gets.
- Sometimes the best thing you can do is just laugh about it.
- It’s better if you’re relaxed.
- It’s a longing for intimacy with another.
- Practice makes the master.
Funny huh? He was dead serious when he said this.